Monday 12 September 2011

August 2011

August, for anyone who lives in a coastal town, is busy. We suddenly become very popular and are inundated with people wanting to come and stay. It’s not just at home that August has this effect – up here in the tower it does too. Ringers away, ringers busy – the normal equilibrium of practice nights and Sunday mornings changing. One practice night this August we had 8 holidaying visitors which made one of our band members comment on whether he had stumbled into the wrong tower!

One of the benefits of the Summer is the Music at St Mary’s programme of six concerts. How lucky are we to have this? Unfortunately I was only able to make one of the concerts but what a concert Simon Lole’s was! Magic! I learnt the organ at school so have an inkling of how difficult it is. I can hardly get my right hand to know what my left hand is doing let alone my right and left hands to know what my right and left legs are doing!

August also usually sees a summer social event for the Bellringers and this year again saw the ringers getting together for a BBQ. We were very lucky with the weather. It’s good to get together socially and to talk about things other than ringing.




One more new method for some of us this month - a quarter of St Simon's Bob Triples. I enjoyed ringing this, thought it sounded really nice and wonder why its not rung more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment